Mumbai’s lifeline got affected by heavy rain. Due to heavy rains from Monday night, the Mumbai railway transport ended in a troublesome situation. Western railway route has stopped after the bridge between Andheri and Virleparle collapsed around 7.30 am on Tuesday morning. Due to this, the service on Harbor as well as western Road is stopped. According to latest update 5 people injured in an accident.
A portion of the Andheri West bridge collapsed due to Mumbai rains on Tuesday obstructing train operations. Around 5 people are said to be injured, out of which two are critical. NDRF teams have been sent to the spot for rescue operations. Local trains on Western Suburban Line have been affected due to technical reasons between Andheri and Vile Parle. BMC fire brigade, as well as RPF staff and officers, have been rushed to the spot for support, the Mumbai police said. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has asked BMC commissioner to increase the frequency of BEST buses.
The work of removing the dust pile from the railway track is going on the high level and the administration is
trying to streamline the transport system. The power supply has been disconnected due to bridge collapse .it takes 5 to 6 hour for the situation to get back to normal.
Mail express in trouble:
Mail express from Dadar and Churchgate is also affected. Most of the express affected as they running 5-6
hour late. Changes will be made in Mail Express time.
Dabbawala’s Routine collapse:
Mumbai’s Dabbewala Organization has announced that it has stopped its services today Due to heavy
rain and flooded water, and the Andheri accident.
Traffic jam on the road as railways track work is going on. Mumbai Police has appealed to not come
out if there is no need. Leave house if there is something important.
The alternate options for Western and Harbor Passengers for travelling
1. Harbor line passengers are allowed to travel on the Central Railway.
2. Availability of bus and metro service from Andheri to Ghatkopar, They can travel from the central
line after Ghatkopar.
3. Passengers can travel towards Thane by bus, ST option is also available.
4. Western Railway service is available from Goregaon to Virar and Churchgate to Bandra.
5. Over 27 additional buses have been released by the BEST. Which include bus no. 202, Bus No. 225, Bus No. 348, Bus No. 440, Bus no.4, Bus No 202, Bus No 203 and many more.