In the last few years, WhatsApp has announced several new features for its users and now WhatsApp has added another feature to the tally as MakeMyTrip and Indian Railways to make PNR status and Live train status available to Indian users via the Facebook-owned platform.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps in the world and it has over 200 million daily active users in India, just keeping this in mind, the new feature has been added.
Lets have a look at how you can check PNR Status:
- Save the MakeMyTrip number (7349389104) in your smartphone’s contacts. In case you have already contacted with MakeMyTrip via WhatsApp, then you can just start a conversation from the same chat.
- Type PNR in block letters, followed by the PNR number and send it to MakeMyTrip. If your PNR number is 1234567890, then type ‘PNR 1234567890’ and press send.
- Within seconds, your booking details will be accessed from the IRCTC servers and they will be sent to you via the same WhatsApp chat.
Lets have a look at how to check train live details:
- You can resume the conversation on the same chat, after you receive your PNR status.
- Type the train number and send it across. For instance, if the train number is 12425, just type in ‘12425’ without any additional text.
- It will send you all the details of the train, such as whether it has started, departure station, expected arrival time etc.
The entire service will be free of cost as like the other Whatsapp feature. This will help the individual to check train status on Whatsapp and will lesser their stress as IRCTC sites are usually seen working slow.