The school bus and Company Bus Owner’s Association, have called for a day’s strike on 20th July. The association has called the strike to fulfil their various demands. School buses, Private buses, Truck, Tempo and Private Cab won’t run on the streets as they will participate in the All India Transport Association’s Strike.
“We are declaring the strike just a day before, but we didn’t have any choice other than striking tomorrow.” the association said.
What are the demands of the association?
- The government must include petrol-diesel in GST so that petrol-diesel prices will come under control.
- Fuel rates must be decided in every six months.
- Chassis excise duty on school buses must be waived off.
- School buses must be allowed tollfree in the Mumbai region.
- School buses must get free entry through all the toll plazas in Maharashtra.
- Insurance instalments should be reduced.
- The annual checking of the school buses should not be conducted by RTO, it should be conducted by SEFT.
- School buses should be provided parking facilities nearby the school premises.
- Roads must be potholes free.
The one day strike called the association is going to affect the school going children and parents. The truck, tempo, school bus in the state will be shut for a day tomorrow. Tomorrow if school bus drivers want to drive they can do it on their own risk suggested the association.